Bloomington - Associate Production Supervisor
Job Title: Associate Production Supervisor
Job Location: Bloomington
Type of Job: Full-time / Trial to Hire
Shift: 1st Shift (hours will be discussed during interview)
Pay: Depending on qualifications
The Associate Production Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Production Supervisor to ensure all finished goods are produced as scheduled in order to meet customer expectations. This includes leading 10-15 team members on a daily basis and supervising approximately 50-150 team members when Production Supervisor is unavailable.Five Key Accountabilities
· Ensure all new team members are trained in accordance with production processes and have the right tools to do their jobs.
· Assist in driving high-performance levels from production by ensuring machinery and equipment are properly maintained and cared for.
· Model prioritizing quality and “doing it right the first time” over throughout.
· Assist in meeting productivity goals and actively looking for opportunities to improve as a team.
· Manage Production’s Standards Operating ProceduresDuties and Responsibilities Ensure all new team members are trained in accordance with the production process and have the right tools to do their job
· Promote safe working behaviors and be the training lead.
· Model safe working behaviors and assist in ensuring team members are following proper safety procedures.
· Educate new and existing employees on the production process.
· Assist team members in the case of any injury and fill out First Report of injury or Near Miss report.
· Address safety issues with Production Supervisor, Sr. Production Manager, and Safety Manager.
· Be engaged in changes to process or regulation and ensure all employees are trained against any changes.
· Manage safety and other production related supplies to ensure we the right levels and team members have the tools they need. This includes ordering and managing the monthly budget.
· Ensure good housekeeping of all Production areas by working with janitorial staff and holding Production team members accountable to 5S principles in their work centers.Assist in driving high-performance levels from production by ensuring Production machinery and equipment is properly maintained and cared for.
· Stay closely aligned with Production Supervisor on a daily basis as it relates to machine performance concerns.
· Ensure all preventative maintenance of equipment and machinery that is owned by Production is completed. Hold production team accountable to cleaning and maintaining equipment.
· Understand the impact of downtime of machines and submit the request for maintenance on machines.
· Train Production employees on proper changes over, set up, preventative maintenance and cleaning of machines.
Model prioritizing quality and “doing it right the first time”.
· Train new and existing team members in accordance with production quality expectation and procedures.
· Bring issues to the attention of Production and Quality supervisors.
· Coach and mentor team members when quality issues occur by ensuring there is knowledge and understanding of the “why’s” behind our process and what the practice/or product should like.
· Be a model of our core values and coach team members in work processes and behaviors that support company core values.Assist in meeting productivity goals and actively looking for opportunities to improve as a tea
· Address performance issues as they arise by partnering with Production Supervisor in a timely manner. Recognize good performance.
· Assist Production Supervisor with annual performance reviews by giving feedback on performance. Sit in on facilitation of reviews.
· Assist Production Supervisor in analyzing reports and making decisions related to productivity and streamlining the process.
· Assist Production Supervisor in understanding the root cause of performance issues and work streamline processes and work practices.
· Actively look for solutions to drive inefficiencies out of current processes.Manage Production’s Standard Operating Procedures
· Author new Standard Operating Procedures. Ensure new equipment, set up and troubleshooting is documented as company updates its system and capital.
· Update existing procedures to mirror current practices.
· Ensure training takes place for new and existing procedures.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please contact our recruiter Alicia 612-979-8534 for more details and/or to set up your interview! Or, email your resume to email@example.com