Bloomington - Production Supervisor
Job Title: Production Supervisor - Packaging Department
Job Type: Full Time, Trial-to-hire
Job Location: Bloomington
Days/Hours: M-F 7am - 3:30pm
Pay: $25 hourly
Public Transportation: NO
The person in this position supervises production employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. This is a working supervisor position meaning that in addition to the supervisor responsibilities, this person will be working along with the employee(s) in this department. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EQUIPMENT AND MACHINERY USED
- Manage the activities of the department, under the direction of the Production Manager.
- Supervise all production operations for department such as packaging product.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to fulfill work orders, meet inventory requirements, and deliver manufactured products in a timely fashion.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues.
- Tracks absenteeism and time tracking daily and checks against ADP.
- Performs assembly-type functions, using hand tools.
- Consistently inspect each product and package to ensure that all products meet the company quality standards.
- Place finished goods on the designated pallet or shelf.
- Package different types of manifolds and/or 3-packs into boxes, plastic packaging, or clam shells.
- Operate electric winder to wind hoses before packaging.
- Band boxes.
- Print bar codes.
- Complete required paperwork and documentation.
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Ability to read a Work Order.
- Ability to read Work Instructions and verify the Work Instructions are correct.
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.
- Will be required to perform other duties as may be requested, directed or assigned.
Work stations require the employee to use some of the following equipment and/or machinery:
- Hand tools
- Tightening tool
- Heat sealing machine
- Drill press
- Electric winder
- Hand held heat sealer
- All auto bag machines
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Requires broad technical or administrative experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Will have a thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods, techniques, and related equipment.
- Planning: ability to think ahead and plan over a 30-day time span.
- Employee training and development.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills as well as ability to effectively communicate orally or in written form with co-workers cross-functionally, including external vendors and customers as well.
- An ability to manage multiple priorities.
- This position requires that the person be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must be able to read English on label headers, product inserts, and hose part numbers.
- Mathematical skills are required to include addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Broad technical or administrative experience in a manufacturing environment strongly desired.
- Performance management and corrective action.
- Provides leadership, communication, and work direction for the employees in the
- department by delegating responsibilities, assigning tasks and participating in workload as needed.
- Create work orders and backflush work orders.
- Product Line Defects, Line Scrap, Cycle Count, Sign off on ECO’s
(Lifting, Bending, Stretching, etc.)
- Ability to tolerate occasional loud noise
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and occasionally bend and move about the facility.
- Must be able to tolerate repetitive motion
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Some work stations require the employee to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to use and be exposed to Locktite, alcohol, oil, WD40 and O-ring grease
- Close and peripheral vision as well as depth perception is required
- Must be able to climb ladders, kneel, squat, and bend.
This document is an outline of the primary tasks assigned and may be changed at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. All team members are expected to assist in achieving its goals even if such tasks are beyond the scope of this outline. The job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the company and requirements of the job change.
How to apply:
Please apply in person at our Bloomington Office or you can shorten your time in our office by applying online at www.atlasstaffinginc.com. If you have a resume available, be ready to submit your resume when you apply. We accept applications Monday – Friday from 10:00 am -4 pm, or by appointment. Atlas Staffing Inc. – Bloomington
1310 W 98th St
Bloomington, MN 55431Phone: